Homeward Bound

As you read this, we are on the road somewhere between Kimball, Nebraska, and Kimball Junction, where I-80 meets Hwy 224, which leads to Park City. In other words, we'll be home soon!
What have we been doing since my last blog post? We left the KOA near Mishawaka, IN, and our DS the elder and DIL, but not before Rocky learned to play tetherball:



We stopped twice in Iowa, once in the area near Amana, to see the Amana villages, which were founded by a religious group that arrived in this country in the mid-19th century and spread to Iowa. In Amana, I added a new sheep to my sheep collection. Here DH treats the new sheep to a real local beer:



We had a great campsite. We got there early, so we got a place with a view. Here's what the campsite looked like:



The May basket my friend Joanie gave me May 1st. Is still going strong. We took it along. We hung it out on our trailer every night as we hooked up:



In the evening, the sun set over the lake. Finally the ducks and geese went to bed, so Rocky and Sunny could relax. It's amazing how waterfowl affect mini-poos! You think of them as lap dogs, but they are direct descendants of the dogs bred to hunt ducks and geese. Here's the sunset:



What's on my needles? Not the Kristi socks. They're finished! Yaaay! Here they are on my feet. I will wear them on the last leg of the trip tomorrow.:



On to finish my Sipalu Bag. Then I need to get started on the Double Wedding Ring quilt for DD. With additional thumb surgery, I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to finish the hand quilting if I don't get started. This has been a great vacation. We've had really good luck with the weather, as with our equipment. It was great to see our DD and future SIL in Wisconsin, and to see our DS the elder and DIL the quilter in Indiana. It was great that DS cleaned my laptop. It doesn't get sluggish anymore. Now if I can get an exorcist to fix the possession...

Happy knitting/quilting. --P

Comments