Fantastic Fiber Fun

As you read this, I am in the high Uinta Mountains of Utah, hiking my little feet off, knitting at high altitude (pant, pant) and enjoying time with friends, one of whom is a knitter. I hope to post photos next week. In the meantime, let me show you what I've been up to since finishing the Moebius classes:



Remember the pile of Coopworth fiber I had?



This stuff was fun to work with, but full of lovely clumps of stuff. Of course, my yarn ended up full of stuff, too. On top of that, my spinning was uneven. I have some stuff that's kinked up. Some of is was overspun and some was overplied. That's great, if it's intentional. It wasn't. I still have a lot to learn. However, I enjoyed spinning it, and lots of it is close to what I wanted. I made more progress after getting my WooLee Winder:



I plan on making The Landscape Shawl from Fiber Trends. You can see it here. I think this pattern will be very forgiving, and the variations in the yarn should make it more interesting, rather than to detract from the design.

What's on my needles? Well, mostly the same. I finished my Moebius scarf and Trifold Bowl, which I posted about last week. I'm still working on my Oregon socks, put a few rows on the shell to go with my CLC and "thought" about picking up DH's sleeveless cardi. If I CO for a swatch for my Landscape Shawl, am I backsliding? Does it count if it's just a swatch? Hmmm. Well, if so, I think my UFO KAL buddies will forgive me. In the meantime, here's something of a preview of what I'll be surrounded with. This is Crystal Lake, not Washington Lake, but it's in the Uintas, so you get the idea. Until next week, happy knitting!

Comments