Sweater Time!

Good thing I'm making progress on DH's Fair Isle Sleeveless Cardi:



It's the Fridarey Sleeveless Cardigan from The Art of Fair Isle Knitting by Ann Feitelson. The yarn is Jamieson and Smith's Shetland yarn in a fingering weight. Here's a close up:



Winter is paying it's usual short autumn visit in Park City. It always warms up again after this, but it's a reminder: Winter is on the way. Several people have asked me for some photos of snow. (I have already posted a snowball a couple of places for people who still have the AC cranked up!) Here's what it looked like outside my house yesterday:



And the other way:



We had a couple of days of snow, starting on September 30th, then a day off (good behavior?) and another couple of days of snow, starting with rain, then turning to sleet and then snow. So much for the garden! Our gardening efforts this summer netted us one $50 tomato. Well, the squirrels helped keep the cost high, and we were gone a lot. I finished my EZ leggings just in time, and I've been wearing them:



The leggings really feel good when it's cold. Knitter's Almanac has these for September. I did mine with Swish DK in cinnamon, and started them last winter. No way would I have had them done in time If I had started in September!

On Sunday we had the Blessing of the Animals in honor of the feast day of St. Francis. The only animals we had this year were cats and dogs, which was appropriate, because the rain started while we were just beginning the service. Usually we have a pony or alpaca or two, and some bunnies. Hmmm...fiber animals! I took photos of the pups and DH. Here they are, waiting their turn:



Here's Rocky getting blessed:



The pressure is building to get the downstairs cleaned up. A lot of family are coming for Christmas, and I want it to be nice for them. Also, I have to get my Christmas cards ready to go. Easy. A photo of Rocky and Sunny in front of last-year's Christmas tree! (It's in my photos, if you want to look. It's called "Waiting for Santa.")

What's on my needles? DH's sleeveless cardi, of course. My Oregon socks are in a holding pattern. I don't know if I'll get time to get back to them before I have my second thumb surgery. [Sigh!]
What's on my wheel? Mmmmmm! Lovely caramel-colored alpaca! Great for socks, I think!
What's on my iPod? Still Lorna Doone. I haven't been able to just sit and listen. It's been a busy week.
Preview of Coming Attractions: If all goes well, Thursday will bring a meeting of my quilting minigroup, with a visit from a member who moved away a long time ago. (She's back in town visiting.) After that, I plan to take my friend Joanie out to lunch for her birthday. She's a knitter, but she doesn't get online, so I can tell you what she's getting from me--three center-pull balls of my hand-spun Coopworth for a Landscape Shawl and one of those cute needle gauge pendants that look like the cross-section of a snail. She threatened to steal my Landscape Shawl, but I know she would enjoy making it herself, so I know she will love this present!

Comments