What a Week!

This has been a roller-coaster week! First, my birthday is the day after Christmas. We went to No Worries for breakfast--DH, DS2, DS2's girlfriend, DD, Joanie and I. Here's what I got from DH for Christmas:



It's the Knitter's Handy Carry-all kit, the scale and the Options needle stand from KP, and two more hanks of alpaca yarn. I think I'll try the Ivo socks from the Inca Knits book, as I now have three colors from the same weight alpaca.

I've been getting some knitting done, even with family in the house. First, I have finished the knitting for the Montana Tote, which will be DD's diaper bag. Here's what it looked like before it went into the washing machine:



DD laughed about the fact that it was big enough for her to sit in, baby and all! Not so when it came out of the washer, though:



We used two of DSIL2B's Christmas presents to block it to shape. They were the perfect size. (He comes tomorrow afternoon, so he hasn't opened anything yet.) Here's what it looks like now:



All that's left to do is make the lining. I'm not done knitting for baby, though. I started the Mason-Dixon "Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono." Here's my progress:



Actually, I have already attached the yarn to the other side and have begun working the other side, which is a mirror image. I also plan on doing the crochet edging on my BSJ, so I can get it posted in the BSJ KAL.

We have had some family difficulties, though. DD heard from her doctor that a blood test came back with a result that doubles her chance of her child having Down Syndrome. It's only 1 in 206, but it still was a shock. She has pulled herself together and is again hopeful for the best. Then, night before last, we received a call from DS1. He told us his wife (who made me the wonderful quilted knitting bag) was in the hospital with chest pains. The next day, they put a stint in, and she's doing well.

What's on my needles: The "Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono."
What's on my drop spindle: Still the Ashford "Mulberry."
What's on my wheel: Still the Greenwood Fiber Works in "Enchanted," but I will be ready to ply soon.
What's on my iPod: I haven't listened in ages!

Happy New Year, everyone! --P

Comments