January Knitting and Spinning!

I've been working on the "Dolly" baby sweater from Jaeger Handknits, 27 Designer Garments by Martin Story for Babies and Children, using KP's Stroll (actually, old "Essential" I bought on sale months ago) in "Glacier," a discontinued color. I just finished the back:



Here's the front:



I managed to squeeze in a hike in the snow. Snowshoes weren't needed, as we haven't had any fresh snow lately.



Here's a photo of Shaman, a wolf who hikes with us, taking a treat from my splint-clad hand.



I only have to wear the splint if I'm driving or doing something strenuous, like housework (ugh!) or hiking. It's impossible to put a mitten over it, so I wear a heavy sock on that hand.

Sunday, I met a high school friend in Salt Lake City for lunch.



She lives in San Diego, but comes to Utah once a year for a genealogy conference. I hadn't seen her since 1985, when DH and I went to my 25th high school reunion. Our 50th is coming up!

Monday I started working on the newsletter for the Park City Mountain Sports Club. You can see the January issue here. I do the editing and pick out photos. Sometimes I write articles for the newsletter. Then I send everything to another club member, who does the layout. I enjoy hiking and snowshoeing with other club members, who are mostly retired or approaching retirement age. They're active, though.

What's on my needles: DS2's hat, the baby sweater and a bunch of UFOs.
What's on my iPod: Lorna Doone. I'm back to listening to the classic, which I downloaded from librivox.org.
What's on my spindle: Still the Ashford merino and silk in "Mulberry," and it's getting fatter all the time!
What's on my wheel: Still the rest of the pumpkin merino and silk for DS2's girlfriend.
I'm also reading an actual book: Respect the Spindle, by Abby Franquemont, available here. It's a good book, and gives a lot more detail about types of spindles and how they work than any spinning book I've looked at so far.

I hope everyone has a great year, filled with lots of knitting and spinning, and may you have very little frogging! --P

Comments