Compulsories Completed!


Report from Ravelympics--I'm still out on the course, working away. I just finished the spinning part of my competition (Fleece to FO Long Track) and the yarn is having a nice bath. Here's what it looked like waiting for me to prepare the warm water laced with Kookaburra Woolwash.



I should dry easily before I need it. It's off-white baby alpaca from my friend Linda's Etsy store. (She also has yarn.)


The hard part now is going to be the knitting. I'm slightly more than half way through the Landscape Shawl:



Each row gets longer, so it could easily take more than the time I have left. I had a major setback on Thursday, when I discovered a mistake in the garter st 45 rows down! I had purled instead of knit, and hadn't seen it, because it wasn't obvious on the side I was looking at because of all the purl bumps, but on the other side it was. I took out just the sts above the affected ones and started reknitting them, but it looked patched. After two hours of fiddling with it, I decided it was never going to look right, so I frogged 45 rows! The penalty laps caused by that mistake cost me more than 24 hrs. Well, I'm not going to make any world records, but there's a chance I can finish anyway, so I'm plugging away, determined to cross the finish line before Closing Ceremonies, so they don't have to send out a search party. At least now I don't have to divide my time between knitting and spinning. Don't dare look at my house! Between the lack of attention the past week and all the bits of fluff and vegetation on the rug pulled out of the fiber during the spinning process...well, you get the picture. Well, back to work. --P

Comments