Spring--and Peggy--Arrives in Park City.

I am now home again, safe and sound. Well, sound if you don't count the cold I picked up somewhere along the way. I had a great trip, but it's good to be home and back
to my knitting. I'll get back to my quilting when I finish the current knitting project, which has a deadline. Here's my progress so far:



It's a naming ceremony gown for DGD2, the adorable little Miss Daphne, who has been much talked about in my blogs the last couple of weeks. One more gratuitous baby photo:



To help DD after the delivery, I drove to Onalaska, WI. (See previous two blog posts for details.) The last night I was there, we went out to dinner at Manny's.



I left on Thursday to drive on to Mishawaka, IN, for a quick visit with DS1 and his wife, who is also a quilter. DS1 had Friday off, so we spent the day together. We went out to dinner that night at The Hacienda.


DDIL and I were going to order Margaritas, but the waitress said they had the liter on sale, and it was cheaper than the two drinks, so I said, "Take me to your liter." DDIL said she was going to pretend her name was Margarita, so if anyone said, "Margarita?" she could say, "Yes!"

The next day DDIL was off, and we decided to go to the Farmer's Market in South Bend. She bought some fruit and veggies, while I enjoyed the sights and smells, and took a few photos.



We spent the afternoon comparing notes on quilting techniques. She was machine quilting this quilt for her DGD, who was having a birthday.



I really enjoyed spending time with their pups, Coco and Odie. Here's Odie.



The cat, Thomas, really liked my shoes!



It took three days to get home, although it was an easy drive, straight out I-80. I listened to The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry, and Dean Koontz's Relentless, both of which were extremely interesting and made the time go fast.

It was raining when I arrived home Tuesday afternoon, but I was greeted by blooming tulips and daffodils.



Spring has finally arrived in Park City! (It could still snow, though.)

Comments