On Age

I would like to add some perspective to concerns about Biden's age: I was born 26 days after the President, so we're the same age.


Photo: tennesseestar.com

Young people think 80 is old and 81 is really old. I know I did when I was young (under 60). It can be. We all age differently, and some of it is beyond our control.


I listened to the debate and didn't have any concern about Joe. I was horrified about the lies spewing forth from Trump, of course, and that the moderators did nothing to contradict them. His time to answer was limited, and if he spent his time pointing out the lies, it would leave him no time to answer the questions, so he chose to answer the questions and let the lies speak for themselves. Everyone knows Trump lies. 


President Biden's voice was affected by his cold, but I remember President Clinton losing his voice almost entirely during his campaigns when he had to talk a lot––and that was without a cold. I don't remember any concern then about his age. (Not to mention that Joe stutters and has to deal with that.) I think people thought the President seemed old because they were EXPECTING him to either seem old and wanted him to reassure them. They saw what they were expecting. (I suspect that he will outlive many people who are worried about his age right now.)


The members of the media always look for ways they can criticize, because that's what makes news; it's interesting that the only thing they could come up with was his age. That should tell us a lot, because you know they've been digging.


Wisdom and experience often come with living longer. President Joe has spent his life gathering both in all the areas that we need right now. Trump clearly has only perfected the ability to come up with outrageous statements to get attention. We're lucky to have President Joe Biden. Let's give him four more years! (If you want to help an old man, make it a little easier by giving him a Congress that will help instead of blocking his efforts.)


If you want to help, go to joebiden.com and sign up. Thank you, on behalf of my grandchildren!


Peggy




Comments